Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The OTHER Kind

Michael - don't read this...

Earlier today, after finishing our chores and watching one episode of "Little House on the Praire", I had the girls find a book and read for an hour. I typed away on the computer (writing my previous post, "Trifling Risks") while Caroline had her nose deep inside "The Chicken Pox Panic" - she loves to read.

Caroline looked up from her book and asked me, "Mommy, does Molly know about periods?"

"I don't think so Caroline...do YOU know about periods?" I asked in reply.

"Sure, mom, I know all about them," She said.

"Well, Caroline, I'm surpised to hear you say that. Wow! I had really hoped that you and I would one day have a discussion about that. Who told you about periods?" I asked.

"Mrs. Meyers. She told me last year when I was in kindergarten," Caroline answered.

"Oh, my goodness, Caroline! I am so shocked! I just can't believe she thought you were old enough for that sort of discussion - and to not send a note home or anything...that is very strange. Why didn't you tell me about this before now?" I bellowed.

"Was she not supposed to do that? She told our whole class. She told us about question marks, too."

Bless ya!

No comments: