Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Choose Carrot Cake...

Can I say a word about e-mail forwards? Usually they get under my skin - especially the ones that say something like "if you send this to 10 friends something good will happen to you..." I received one once that said that God would bless me if I sent it to 5 people, or something like that. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty confident that God will bless me, regardless of my e-mail prolificity. However, I will admit I have received some good ones in my e-mail journey. My friend, Sally, usually sends me pretty good e-mail forwards. Like I said, normally, I'm not a big fan of the forwarded quip or anecdote, but she seems to have a sort of screening process...this one I thought was fun.

Basically, what you do is imagine all eight of the following desserts sitting in front of you. Which one would you choose? You have to choose one, but you can ONLY choose one. Go with your first instinct. Then, scroll down to see what your choice says about your personality.

Here's the list:
1. Angel Food Cake
2. Brownies
3. Lemon Meringue Pie
4. Vanilla Cake With Chocolate Icing
5. Strawberry Short Cake
6. Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Icing
7. Ice Cream
8. Carrot Cake

You can't change your mind once you scroll down, so think carefully what your choice will be.






OK - Now that you've made your choice, this is what the "researchers" say about you...

1. ANGEL FOOD CAKE -- Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm and fuzzy items A little nutty at times. Sometimes you need an ice cream cone at the end of the day. Others perceive you as being childlike and immature at times.

2. BROWNIES -- You are adventurous, love new ideas, and are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up you whip out your saber. You are always the oddball with a unique sense of humor and direction. You tend to be very loyal.

3. LEMON MERINGUE -- Smooth, sexy, & articulate with your hands, you are an excellent caregiver and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. A bit of a diva at times, you set your own style because you do your own thing. You shine when it comes to helping others and have many friends.

4. VANILLA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING -- Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lacking motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.

5. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE -- Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people, can be counted on in a pinch and expect the same in return. Intuitively keen. You can be very emotional at times but a true person in every way. You like to do things for yourself and help others learn about themselves.

6. CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING -- Sexy; always ready to give and receive. Very creative, adventurous, ambitious, and passionate. You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside. Not afraid to take chances Will not settle for anything average in life. Love to laugh.

7. ICE CREAM -- You like sports, whether it be baseball, football, basketball, or soccer. If you could, you would like to partici pat e, but you enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. You tend to be self-centered and high maintenance.

8. CARROT CAKE -- You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to hang out with you. You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times. You have many loyal friends. You were meant to lead and teach others. A wonderful role model.


I would LOVE to know - those of you who read this blog - which dessert you chose. Would you please comment and let me know? You may have to sign up for a google account, I'm not sure. But if you do - it's free. You may be able to comment anonymously...I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. Just give it a try, huh?

I want to see if I'm right about you! (wink, wink)

Bless ya!

PS...I chose carrot cake. The e-mail didn't stipulate whether or not there were mounds of cream cheese frosting on it, so I just assumed that, yes, there were.

PPS...about yesterday's post: Thank you for listening to me rant. God is certainly doing some things in my heart that are difficult and a bit painful. Like the crucible for silver and the furnace for gold (and it may be the other way around)...God refines my heart.

8 comments:

BKicklighter said...

I choose brownies!! Don't know how I feel about being called "champion of oddballs" but hey, the rest was okay. Did you peg me?

Jawan said...

I chose Strawberry Shortcake. "A bit emotional at times"...how 'bout ALL THE TIME!

Julie A. said...

Mine was chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and the sexy part is so dead on...whatever!

weezieg said...

I chose strawberry shortcake (always trying to eat those fruits and veggies!).
By the way, I read your Wed. blog and admit that, since there are no more "crawlers" in our house (Mike is almost 2!), I daily sweep and spot clean like mad, but hardly ever mop from corner to corner. But I do spot clean with my whole heart!
Someone told me once that doing housework is like stringing pearls without a knot on the end of the string. I couldn't agree more, and do enjoy my short-lived string of pearls!

Anonymous said...

I chose the chocolate, imagine that. How come there wasnt a description that said codependant, bad decision maker, etc. etc.

Yo Bro

queenbee said...

Despite my love for chocolate, I chose lemon meringue, which is probably apt. But I can't help thinking about Walker Percy's Lost in the Cosmos when I read this.

By the way, I'm getting you a swiffer.

Merri Beth said...

I chose Lemon Meringue, although I would rather it not have the meringue on top. I remember when Granny would make it, she would make one just for me with no white stuff on the top

Beth said...

I chose Chocolate cake with chocolate icing. You can never have enough chocolate.