Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do You REALLY Love Me?

These are the sounds I heard from the kitchen this morning. Molly and Ethan were having a very deep theological discussion:

“Ethan, do you love me?”

“Yes.”

“Do you REALLY love me?”

“Yes.”

“You do?! Yeah! Do you love Caroline?”

“Yes.”

“Good! Do you love Mason?”

“Yes."

“Do love you Mommy?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Yes, you love Mommy. Ethan, do you love Satan?”

“Yes.”

“Oh! Ethan, say "no"! Say "no"! You’re not supposed to love Satan…say “no” to Satan, Ethan! Say "no" to him and say “yes” to Jesus.”


You know what I think? I think it would be nice to have Molly follow me around all day asking me about the different things I so clearly love more than Jesus at times.

“Do you really love holding grudges, Mommy?”

“Do you really love serving yourself over everyone else?”

“Say “no”, Mommy! And say “yes” to Jesus!”

It’s cute…the way they hold up the mirror. My children are always reminding me (whether they know it or not) how much I need the Lord.

Bless ya!
PS - Here are the kids in the woods on our recent trip to Tennessee..

2 comments:

Michael MacCaughelty said...

we have the cutest kids in the world!

Something to think about... said...

Amy and Michael, you truly have cute children, but I have to save the "in the world" for my grandchildren. Amy, your blog is truly inspirational and I look forward to reading all your new postings.

Cuz Donna