Sunday, February 10, 2008

An awesome book!!


This past Saturday evening I read a great book.


Well, to be honest, I read the first 40 or so pages on Friday night.


A Thousand Splendid Suns is, in my opinion, a must read. I know it's not on my list at right, but my friend Ginger dropped it off on her way out of town on Friday, and I started reading it immediately.


Girls, do not read this book if you don't want to cry like a baby. It is riveting - it is difficult to read. I tried many times to put it down last night and absolutely could not do it. And I cried - oh, how I cried. I cried and wiggled around...I want to go ahead and used the word "writhed", if I may. I got up from the book at least 2 times and went into the bedrooms and kissed my sweet children, and dear, dear husband, all asleep.


I tried to process through it with Michael this afternoon. I don't want to tell you what it's about, except that it is about women and friendship in war-torn Afghanistan, starting in the early 70's and ending around 2004, or so.


Buy or borrow this book. Trust me.


Bless ya!

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

have you read "The Kite Runner?" Same author and a must read as well.