Monday, March 31, 2008

Modern Day Miracles

Today the neatest thing happened...

We received a call from the school nurse at about 10am. Poor Molly was complaining that her ear hurt.

I thought it was a bit odd that her ear would hurt. I mean, even though Ethan has been battling an ear infection this weekend, her ears seemed fine all of spring break. And to think - she has to face the pain on her first day back.

I went up to the school with ear drops and ibuprofen in hand. I found Molly curled up in fetal position on a blue beanbag chair covered with an Ariel towel. "Pathetic" doesn't come close to describing how she looked. Head down, eyes dreary, mouth in a frown. Sad, sad, sad. No fever, though, thankfully.

I brought Molly home.

Then, without warning, something happened. Molly began singing! Molly began skipping! Molly played and rejoiced in life! She was cured! It was a miracle!!

I turned around and took her fanny back to school.

Bless ya!

3 comments:

Leslee said...

ha !

Jawan said...

It's amazing! Did you use the Benny Henn method of healing, sprinkle some holy water, annoit her with the sacred cloth....or did you just give her the evil eye all the way to school through the rear view mirror? Teachers appreciate parents like you.

Julie A. said...

I LOVE it when parents do that! We do appreciate parents like you. I'll bet you never did that as a child.